January 18, 2021
The CDC will require airline passengers to show proof of a negative COVID test or recovery from COVID before boarding an international flight to the U.S. effective Jan. 26. This new information was the hot topic on today’s show.
Callers also asked –
- What are the must do’s in Vancouver?
- What are the latest COVID requirements for Israel and Jamaica?
- Will I have to quarantine if I visit Bangkok?
- When will cruising begin?
- What should I know to travel to Hawaii?
January 11, 2021
This week callers wanted to know -
- If the River Walk in San Antonio is open.
- What I know about the RIU Republica in the Dominican Republic
- If it’s better to book an Alaskan cruise for 2021 or 2022
- What an experience at an all-inclusive resort in Riviera Maya in February will be like.
- What is it like to travel with a group?
January 4, 2021
If you haven’t looked at your passport since COVID 19 hit, take it out and make sure you have at least 6 months validity left on it. Many countries have six month validation as a requirement for entry. Now is the time to apply for renewal.
This week, callers had questions including:
- What are the current requirements for entry to Costa Rica?
- When will REAL ID go into effect?
- Should I be considered about state COVID requirements on a March camping trip to Utah?
- Can Fox World Travel help with plans for the 2024 Summer Olympics in Paris?
December 21, 2020
This week Fox's Destination Wedding Specialist, Donna Crump joined the show. Donna recently returned from accompanying a wedding party to Cabos San Lucas. A group of 30 joined the bride and groom at the fabulous all-inclusive Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos. Donna described for the listeners the destination wedding process from start to finish; from choosing the destination, property and venue to the booking experience and to that final element, the walk down the aisle and of course the celebration after!
December 14, 2020
This week we had a special guest for the first two segments of the show. Stacy, who traveled with Rose and the Fox group to Egypt in 2018, has signed up for the Fox Antarctica group in 2022. It just so happens that she and her husband traveled to Antarctica in February, 2022 so this is a TWICE in a lifetime trip for her. She provided listeners with details, highlights, and useful tips. What a great testimonial for Fox Groups!
Callers also asked –
- If there is a single supplement for the Antarctica trip?
- What day trips I might suggest from Fort Myers.
- For suggestions on traveling with a 12 year old to London and Paris
- How to go about getting the airline to extend validity of tickets.
December 8, 2020
This week Andrea Pradarelli, Manager of the Sheboygan office and Destination Weddings Team joined Rose to discuss their family trip to Dreams Macao Beach, Punta Cana.
Callers also asked about:
- COVID 19 protocols for Hawaii in January, 2021
- When is the best time to buy airline tickets for a cruise that might not happen?
- More information on the VIP Service at the Punta Cana airport.
- If travel to the Cayman Islands will be possible in early 2021.
December 2, 2020
Colleen Alsberg from the Fox World Group Department took the helm on Saturday. A quick update of Rose in Punta Cana came first, as she was having a great time and very ready to back on the road. Black Friday sales come to mind after Thanksgiving, so the gift of travel was discussed, Whether you are ready to purchase a vacation for someone or get gift certificates for future use, both are great options. We discussed what the “magic” is that a first-time traveler will experience at Disney and also why it’s a great time for “experienced” Disney lovers to go there now. Also on topic was Rose’s exciting new group vacation to Antarctica in 2022 and a preview of our new Grand Hawaii group traveling in February 2022.
November 30, 2020
This week callers had questions including –
- Are there restrictions driving into Florida?
- What will Colonial Williamsburg be like at Christmas?
- What do you know about current protocols for Mexico?
- What to do about a cancelled Alaska cruise?
….and we launched the Antarctica group departure for January, 2021.
November 16, 2020
On this week’s show, we asked listeners to call or text in with their answers to these questions – Are you ready to travel? If not now, when?
Responses were mixed with most callers saying yes, BUT… and that lead to questions from them! What countries are allowing U.S. citizens in? What countries do not require a negative COVID test? What will my experience be like at the destination?
Callers also wanted to know about Hawaii, Alaska, big ship cruising, Puerto Vallarta, and others.
November 11, 2020
We had many Fox fans contact us via the Talk and Text line on the WTMJ Fox World Travel Show this week.
Callers had questions including:
- Is Travel Zoo a legitimate travel website and should I book with them?
- A caller was excited to share that the airfares are very low to Alaska until May for those hardy adventurers who are willing to travel during off-season.
- What are the differences between the El Dorado properties in Riviera Maya, MX?
- Has the government resumed taking applications for Global Entry?
- Will Southwest Airlines have a place to hang my garment bag?
We also reminded listeners of the Book Club on November 19th and the virtual Disney Event on Dec. 1.